DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Whitelist Export/Import

• ytene
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jan 2015 09:36 #82305 by ytene
Whitelist Export/Import was created by ytene
This is a simple suggestion for a feature that might simplify configuration.

I would like to be able to configure my 2860 with the MAC addresses of wireless devices that I am willing to allow to collect to one of my [DrayTek hosted] wireless networks, and place this data on say a USB memory key, as a text file. I would then like to be able to import that same file on a different router. Crucially, this would be most useful to me personally when I am replacing one DrayTek with a newer or more advanced model [such as when I upgraded from ADSL to Infinity] so for me personally this feature would have to use an import/export function that remained version-compatible across different releases of firmware [maybe as a described XML file, or a simple flat file?].

My personal whitelist for my home wireless network [which includes not just personal devices, but those of friends who visit regularly] can easily run to 30 or 40 entries. That's a lot of manual typing of a variety prone to error...

Any chance this could be considered for a future enhancement please?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2015 12:31 #82324 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Whitelist Export/Import
The AP900s will allow you to export the MAC addres list and restore them. Hopefully this feature can be built in the the N model routers.
You can also export and restore on the Managed AP profiles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami