Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830vn plus - blocking sip

• ashghai
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2015 19:41 #82338 by ashghai
2830vn plus - blocking sip was created by ashghai
Hi
I am new to Draytek. I bought a new 2830vn plus for our fibre connection. It goes through the wan 3 Ethernet port via a open reach modem.

We have a SIP phone system but the Draytek is blocking incoming calls. We have created the open ports as required etc. If we dial out on the phone system and then immediately dial in, it works, before the NAT has reset I guess.

We then got the phone company to have a look at it and they brought a 2830n model and set exactly the same configuration and it works fine.

The 2830vn+ has VOIP facility built in.. does this have something to do with my problem? Does something need to be disabled for us to use our own voip system via SIP?

Thanks in advance

Ash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2015 21:32 #82341 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: 2830vn plus - blocking sip
If assigning a unique IP to each SIP device is not a possibility, try setting up your SIP devices to use an outgoing proxy.

• ashghai
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2015 21:37 #82342 by ashghai
Replied by ashghai on topic Re: 2830vn plus - blocking sip
Hi

Outgoing calls work.. its the incoming phone calls that don't. We only have one public ip address pointing to the internal phone system ip.

As I said it works fine with the standard Draytek 2830n router with exactly the same settings.

Thanks
Ash

Moderators: Sami