Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 - urgent help required :(

• briggsb
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2015 11:13 #82366 by briggsb
2860 - urgent help required :( was created by briggsb
Hi there.
I love this Draytek router. But right now, I'm struggling...
Our setup is as follows...

BT Infinity line into Draytek. LAN1 is plugged into 'GE0/2' on our main corporate router (CISCO 2921). Our corporate LAN sits behind our CISCO router. So, our CISCO has NAT setup, and we use one of the public IP's for this NAT.
The Draytek router has the router IP that was given by BT. We have then enabled "IP Routed Subnet" on the Vigor, and we've use the network address and subnet given by BT in here.
This works fine, in terms of internet access from our LAN. So when our corporate LAN goes out, it shows our IP to be that of the CISCO router's NAT.
If a user connected directly to the Draytek goes out, it shows the IP to be that of the Draytek router.

My problem is now, that I want to configure some internal servers to be accessible from the outside world. I assumed as the above is setup and working, that it would be as simple as configuring our static NAT entries on the CISCO router to use one of the other public IP's. But unfortunately, this doesn't work.

If I look at the draytek router data flow monitor, and try accessing the public IP address of the server I've configured, the packet shows, but nothing happens with it. I assume it's routing or firewall related, but I don't know the vigor router at all right now. I assume the Draytek is getting the request but doesn't know to send it on to our CISCO router.

Can somebody help me at all? I'm desperate to get this working right now, as we are a line down at the moment and I need to re-establish connectivity ASAP.
Many thanks in advance, ALan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• briggsb
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2015 12:01 #82372 by briggsb
Replied by briggsb on topic Re: 2860 - urgent help required :(
OK, for closure, the error of my ways was a simple typo on the CISCO!
As soon as I spotted that, all was working fine. Love this router once again :)

Just incase anybody comes across this post in future, my setup is pretty much as per this great article - https://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb/kb_vigor_2ndsubnet.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami