Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

What does this mean in 2850Vn?

• allat39
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2015 17:26 #82377 by allat39
What does this mean in 2850Vn? was created by allat39
Hi,

On the Vigor 2850vn: F/W 3.6.6.1_2471201, I cannot find reference to SYSTEM MAINTENANACE >> MANAGEMENT > IP4 MANAGEMENT SETUP>Default:Disable Auto-Logout

I would like to be clear about : Default:Disable Auto-Logout which appears just under the Router name box

Am I right in thinking that if this box is UNCHECKED that it means :
  • AUTOLOGOUT is disabled
    It superceeds the AUTO LOGOUT that automatically appears at the top left of the Menu

I don't want to just guess, and cause issues later for myself or others. :|

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2015 20:58 #82384 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: What does this mean in 2850Vn?
correct is related to main page menu (small box) top left (next of the ipv6 logo) and a user will stay log in until the modem reboots
However if you access the menu from other pc or browser still needs to log in again ... but in general terms if you login from a specific machine can stay log in for days

• allat39
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2015 13:27 #82404 by allat39
Replied by allat39 on topic Re: What does this mean in 2850Vn?

babis3g wrote: correct is related to main page menu (small box) top left (next of the ipv6 logo) and a user will stay log in until the modem reboots
However if you access the menu from other pc or browser still needs to log in again ... but in general terms if you login from a specific machine can stay log in for days

Thank you!

More
16 Jan 2015 14:27 #82406 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: What does this mean in 2850Vn?
Welcome ... Forgot to say
If you leave it unticked at Default:Disable Auto-Logout ... then from the main menu small drop box (next of ipv6) you need to do manually (set it to off) ... but next time you log in you need to do this process again (each time log in to set it off)

If you tick permanent Default:Disable Auto-Logout then will be automatic unlimited time each login ... so basicly you don't have to worry or remember to set again to off at main menu small drop box

Moderators: Sami