DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860n with Vodafone Sure Signal

• coenraad
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2015 13:37 #1 by coenraad
Draytek 2860n with Vodafone Sure Signal was created by coenraad
Is anyone here using a Vodafone Sure Signal with their Draytek 2860(n) router with a BT Wholesale provisioned FTTC service (VDSL) ?

I have the Vodafone Sure Signal (Alcatel Lucent 9361 Femto cell) connected to my Draytek 2860n to provide 3G signal, VDSL connection via WAN1 (on the Draytek 2860n).

The Sure Signal runs well when using Non-Vectoring Draytek firmware (i.e. f/w 3.7.8.1 with modem code 548006). I have run this configuration for a while with great success connecting using both the 2nd and 3rd generations of Vodafone's Sure Signal in this way. The Sure Signal establishes an IPSEC tunnel, requiring either uPnP or Open Ports to be set up (for most routers).

With G.INP coming along, I started looking at more recent Draytek firmware.

I found that when using Draytek 2860 firmware with VECTORING (incl. G.INP) support, the Sure Signal connectivity failed - it seems that the device is not longer able to establish it's a IPSEC tunnel to the remote host.

I headed over to the Vodafone Sure Signal forum to find others with similar experiences. It has been both (partly) entertaining and frustrating (seeing questionable advice) trawling through the forum, nothing of value that I've come across. I reverted back to non vectoring firmware which works.

I've have also tried to "bypass" the Draytek VDSL modem by connecting a BT Openreach supplied Huawei HG612 (as the VDSL modem), via WAN2 (on the Draytek 2860n).

Connectivity to WWW (PPPoE) works as expected but I run into the same issue where the Vodafone Sure Signal does not establish the IPSEC tunnel as expected.

I would welcome any feedback / suggestions based on a similar configuration ?

Thanking you in advance !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami