Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760 network routing help

• chunda
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2016 11:17 #1 by chunda
Vigor 2760 network routing help was created by chunda
Hi,

After some advice for a particular setup.

I have a Vigor 2760 connected to the internet via ADSL, all is ok. Local network setup as LAN 1 -192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0.

There is a shared telephone system to be used by the company that is sitting on another network and these two devices are at IP addresses 10.0.1.6/10.0.1.7. I need to connect to these devices. Connection to these comes from a separate Ethernet connection. That physical hardware is on a separate physical network.

If possible I would like to prevent clients on the other network from getting any access into the LAN 1 network (192.168.1.0), so thinking to put the 10.0.1.0 ethernet connection on say P4, and set their network as LAN2 as a separate VLAN.

So P1/P2/P3 & Wifi on VLAN0, P4 on VLAN1.

I can assign the Vigor 2760 LAN2 and VLAN 1 to a fixed IP say 10.0.1.200 ok.

How can I setup the 2760 to allow routing of the traffic from the LAN1 to the 2 devices on the LAN2, and prevent any traffic from any other device on the LAN2 from having any access to LAN1?

Thanks
Chunda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2016 12:52 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2760 network routing help
This guide covers getting the two networks to talk to each other:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-vlan-connecting-lan-subnets

Enable the Inter-LAN routing as covered in that guide so that the two can communicate.
Then you would need to set up filter rules on the Vigor 2760.

To do that, set up a rule in Filter set 2 with the direction of LAN/RT/VPN to LAN/RT/VPN
Source IP: 10.0.1.0 subnet
Destination IP: Local subnet
Service Type: any
Action: Block

That would limit the other network from accessing your local network. You could also set up two more filter rules to block access to the rest of the 1.0.1.0 subnet and allow only 1.0.1.6 & 7

Forum Administrator

More
07 May 2017 15:35 #3 by oakserver
Replied by oakserver on topic Re: Vigor 2760 network routing help
I do not have a 'Static Route' menu option on my 2760n.

Does that mean the 2760 is not capable. I've never seen a router without the ability to add a static route, it's like having a Pub / Bar with no beer.

More
29 Jul 2017 12:19 #4 by itgeek46
Replied by itgeek46 on topic Re: Vigor 2760 network routing help
Hi,

Sorry to bother you, did you get a resolution too;
Is static Route not showing in the routers config?

I have the same issue, I have updated my routers (2760n - Version 3 firmware) to 3.8.2.3_VT4, I tried the standard version and I also reset the router to factory settings, none of this works. It would be great to know.

Thank you in advance.

Dave

Moderators: ChrisSami