DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Direct traffic for *.netflix down WAN1 when also using a VPN

More
27 Dec 2016 15:05 #1 by dg555
As the title suggests I'd like to understand how to route all traffic destined for *.netflix.com through WAN1. The set up is pretty simple so far with all traffic being routed down VPN1. I've had a look around the manual but I can only find how to send traffic for particular IP ranges, not URLs, through another connection.

Any suggestions welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2016 15:42 #2 by macavity
I've not tried it myself, but I noticed the 2860 firmware has a Destination type as Domain Name in the Load-Balance/Route Policy now. Seems that 5 domain names can be added, but I'm not sure if a wildcard (*.) can be used.

More
05 Jan 2017 15:28 #3 by aweaton
Setup a Route Policy for the domains such as neflix.com to go to WAN1. Give it a priority of say 50
Setup/adjust your existing Route Policy which sends all traffic to VPN1. Give it a priority of say 60.

What I would say is that Netflix's content is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). It is very likely the content will not come from a *.netflix.com domain.
Have a look at this which talks about how to block Netflix for suggestions of the domains used. https://community.websense.com/forums/p/2442/8721.aspx

Moderators: ChrisSami