DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

ddns - support for cpanel updates

More
07 Jul 2017 10:05 #1 by mbames
ddns - support for cpanel updates was created by mbames
Due to a recent change where I work, they have started blocking dns resolution for dynamic services offered by the likes of no-ip.org.

My work around has been to add a A-name record to my domain, and then run a small perl script on my rpi at home which connects to my web hosting cpanel account. From there I can I can use the XML api's they provide to update my A-name record. It would be nice to see cpanel support added to the dropdown list for DDNS providers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2017 10:26 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: ddns - support for cpanel updates
I do something similar with one of my Namecheap domain's subdomains, using the 2860's custom DDNS option, I set up the API entry like so:

Service provider: User-Defined
Provider Host: dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com
Service API: /update?host=*mysubdomain*&domain=*mydomain*&password=*mysecretapikey*&ip=###IP###
Auth Type: basic
Connection Type: Https

It seems to work quite well and in my case avoids me having to use a windows application that likes crashing to perform the updates :)

It should be possible to do the same with cPanel, but it's worth contacting the support team to request it. If there are enough people using it, it could be added as a default provider option.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami