DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860n DSL light solid green even with no cable used!!

• thirst4knowledge
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jul 2017 09:08 #1 by thirst4knowledge
Hi Guys,

I am using BT infinity phone socket with the Rj11 cable plugged into the DSL port (WAN1) on the 2860n. For some reasons after 4 months of usage one day, I noticed I had failed over to my WAN 2 (Virgin media ethernet). Doing the regular troubleshooting and firmware upgrade etc I had not noticed eventually while replacing my Rj11 cable to see if it had gone faulty, I noticed that even when I unplugged the cable from the DSL interface on the 2860n that the DSL light was still Solid green. I did the usual checks and was getting no dialling or "Showtime" everything including SNR was showing "0".

We even tried the factory reset button while turning on the unit to see if it would go into FTP mode and see if the 3 LED column on the left lit up (which they didn't) but strangely I could use the FTP via the web interface or even the firmware utility. Going back and forth with Draytek support they eventually had to admit the thing was faulty. Just wondered if anyone else knows about the "permanently solid green light" issue even when there are no cables attached to the DSL port.

Thanks
Thirst4Knowledge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami