DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862 interface freezing issue

More
11 Jun 2018 09:42 #7 by ubyu
Replied by ubyu on topic Re: Vigor 2862 interface freezing issue
I tried 3.8.9 anyway (from the dot com website) with a telnet timeout setting of 60 seconds, but sadly it still freezes after a few days. My only option at this point is to currently setup a reboot schedule to reboot every few days automatically. Not ideal but it will at least stop this happening temporarily. I haven't had a follow up from support, they asked for screenshots of the configuration but that's going to be a lot of screenshots if I screenshot everything. I asked them what they want specific screenshots of but they haven't replied for quite a few days sadly.

It's as if something is becoming full (perhaps some kind of log?) and can't save anymore data. I noticed if I send fewer commands via telnet that the router seems to last a bit longer before the interface becomes frozen. I might see about flushing all logs between telnet sessions, if all logs can be flushed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2018 14:43 #8 by ubyu
Replied by ubyu on topic Re: Vigor 2862 interface freezing issue
I'm still waiting since last week for a response from technical support, which is starting to look as if it's non-existent. I tried 3.8.9 from the US website but sadly the router interface still freezes after a couple of days to a week, while the 2860 behaves perfectly fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami