DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830

• trevorpace
  • Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2019 17:23 #1 by trevorpace
Vigor 2830 was created by trevorpace
How do I allow a local IP address through the router. I have a server addressable on https://192.168.1.59:8125 and when accessed it locally I get the un-secure warning in chrome. Im ok accessing it and logging on remotely with the dns url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2019 17:33 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2830
Does the "Subject Alternative Name" field of the Webserver Certificate include "IP Address=192.168.1.59" :?:

• trevorpace
  • Topic Author
More
15 Mar 2019 09:01 #3 by trevorpace
Replied by trevorpace on topic Re: Vigor 2830
Will take a look, I have got over the problem by using the domain name locally instead of the IP address, I was just curious as to way the IP address was considered insecure.

More
15 Mar 2019 17:47 #4 by hornbyp

trevorpace wrote: Will take a look, I have got over the problem by using the domain name locally instead of the IP address, I was just curious as to way the IP address was considered insecure.

I think Chrome expects the certificate to contain a matching entry for whatever method it used to access the webserver that sent it...

More
28 May 2019 20:44 #5 by rolleroo2
Replied by rolleroo2 on topic Re: Vigor 2830
Chrome will be checking with a certificate authority to ensure you have a valid certificate for that IP. Given it is a LAN IP there won't be one which may be why Chrome flags it as insecure. You won't be able to obtain a cert for a LAN address.

I have seen similar issues with my NAS login.

More
29 May 2019 11:23 #6 by hornbyp

Rolleroo2 wrote: Chrome will be checking with a certificate authority to ensure you have a valid certificate for that IP. Given it is a LAN IP there won't be one which may be why Chrome flags it as insecure. You won't be able to obtain a cert for a LAN address.

Depending on the Certificate Authority, it may not be straightforward - but it is certainly possible.

I use a certificate from my local, tame, Windows Certification Authority for use with my Vigors. Of course the rest of world doesn't automatically trust these certificates (which is fine, because I don't want the rest of the world managing my Vigors :wink: ).

Moderators: ChrisSami