Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2962 4.3.2 Strange Issue

• brian0286
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2022 14:24 #1 by brian0286
2962 4.3.2 Strange Issue was created by brian0286
Good Afternoon All,

Before I speak to support direct I thought I'd see if anyone else has seen (or can replicate) an issue I am seeing with my 2962 router on firmware version 4.3.2. On this newest firmware I noticed my custom DDNS was no longer updating, logs are showing the router cannot contact the DDNS server. As such I carried out further investigation and also noticed that the router time was incorrect, this was down to the fact it cannot contact ntp servers either by IP or Hostname, ruling out a DNS issue. Using browser time works ok but switching back to ntp loses the time again. Finally I went into ping diagnosis on the router and pinged 8.8.8.8 over WAN 1 and no reply is received (timeout).

This is where it gets odd, other than the issues caused by the failure of my DDNS to update there are is no impact on my LAN. All services are working OK, I can ping 8.8.8.8, access the web and all devices internally behave as they should.

If I downgrade the router to 4.3.1.1 then DDNS starts to work, NTP works and I can ping 8.8.8.8 from the router diagnostics. If I then upgrade back to 4.3.2 (I tested just incase it was a failed firmware upgrade with a fresh download of the firmware file) then DDNS, NTP and pinging external IPs from the router diag stops working again.

Thanks All,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brian0286
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2022 14:32 #2 by brian0286
Replied by brian0286 on topic Re: 2962 4.3.2 Strange Issue
I wonder if my issue is the same as this:

https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24812

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami