DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Reservations and Static IP's

• service_bb
  • Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2023 16:09 #1 by service_bb
Draytek Reservations and Static IP's was created by service_bb
Just wondered if anyone else has come across this.

If I set a device with a static IP address but also setup an IP reservation on the Draytek for the same IP/Mac Address (i.e so if a printer loses it's static IP address it would still get the same IP address from DHCP) then the device can no longer get internet connectivity.

Strict bind is not enabled. This isn't the behaviour I'd expect so wondered if anyone else had seen it and knew why (or if it's a bug?)

I've seen it on the latest firmware 2962 but has also seen it on older 2860, 2862's in the past and finally figured I'd ask the question!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2023 08:40 #2 by rtpeat
Replied by rtpeat on topic Re: Draytek Reservations and Static IP's
Yes, I'm having exactly the same since I updated the firmware on my Vigor 2927. You reach a point where certain devices just can't connect to wifi and the only option is to reboot the router.

More
26 May 2023 23:35 #3 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Draytek Reservations and Static IP's
Plus 1.
The 2927 has been a nightmare for us to the point I have been wondering if I can automate a reboot every day. I'm also starting to look at non-Draytek solutions.
Draytek support were no help and not interested.
Also considering rolling back to a 9 month old firmware.

More
27 May 2023 08:21 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek Reservations and Static IP's
I simply rely on the IP bind function and router DHCP for my devices with static IP's and don't have any problems as described.

More
27 May 2023 08:45 #5 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Draytek Reservations and Static IP's
For the most part, we also just use IP Bind but (particularly Iphones, and Sky) kept getting 169 or no DHCP address so we also set the static address in the device.
The old 2925 ran for years with no (zero) issues - the 2927 has been a nightmare with constant reboots required to get things to work - and we only use the same functions as the 2925 - the only reason for the upgrade was VPN throughput. Periodically it just locks and needs a power cycle. I just backed out the 4.4.x firmware and reverted to 4.3.2 to see if that improves things.

More
27 May 2023 12:24 #6 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek Reservations and Static IP's
Interesting - I have 2 iPhones and 3 iPads of various ages and have no need for any of them to have a fixed IP, so I just let them pick up a DHCP address. No problems doing that. Is your 2927 an ax or an ac version? I have used both, but as I'm currently on the ax I guess the ac would have been on an earlier firmware when I was using it.

Moderators: ChrisSami