DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN fails after Fibre Upgrade

• sabreur
  • Topic Author
More
20 Nov 2023 00:51 #1 by sabreur
VPN fails after Fibre Upgrade was created by sabreur
We have a 3 node network, A, B & C with IPsec Tunnel VPNs connecting each. A & B are in UK and have 2860's, C is in France, Dynamic IP and has a 2830. A & C have now been upgraded to FTTP. B is FTTC ( as good as it can get for the present). A now has Zen supplied Fritzbox 7530 and C has an Orange supplied Livebox 5(not pro).

Initially, both VPNs to C dropped but reversing C (Client = B, Server = C) has got that leg running but I cannot get the A-C route to run. I get a "DOUBLE free for 8234764c: 7a99 from this.id.name3" error when I force dial.

So far I have concluded that the Livebox is limited to a VPN Server unless you pay for the "pro" upgrade. The Fritzbox will support server and client . However, that points to a C to B route working but it doesn't. I tried port forwarding 500 & 4500 UDP on the Fritbox but that didn't help.

I considered changing to SSL Tunnel but the 2830 interface is very different to the 2860's and although the tutorial I used stated that it applied to the 2830, I could not work out how to configure a LAN-to-LAN connection or find any other relevant tutorial.

Please , can anybody help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami