DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware?

• tony72000
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2024 10:44 #1 by tony72000
Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware? was created by tony72000
After returning from vacation, I thought I would check my routers and access points for any firmware updates.

When checking the routers web management page to check for any update, the latest version was showing blank. When click on the "Latest Firmware Details" it also came up black. As if there was no firmware available at all!

The 2962 was on version 4.3.2.7, so I check the support website and it said the latest version was 4.3.2.8. So I went to download it and there was a another version listed 4.4.3. So I downloaded and installed that one.

Because the firmware check in the web management page was not working, I checked to see if it was working in the mobile app and it said the latest version was 4.4.3.1.

I'm so confused... 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2024 12:12 #2 by andew
Replied by andew on topic Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware?
Looks like there are two different branches of firmware for the 2962,
Firmware Version 4.4.3.1 (Mainline)
Firmware contains bug fixes and new features. The mainline version includes several new functions, as detailed in the release notes. You can continue using the stable version if these new functions are not required for your setup. It is always recommended to back up the router configuration before upgrading the firmware.
Also
Firmware Version 4.3.2.8 (Stable)
Firmware contains the latest bug fixes.

Regards

Andrew

• tony72000
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2024 14:46 #3 by tony72000
Replied by tony72000 on topic Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware?
4.4.3.1 is not showing for me. Only 4.4.3. Any idea why the latest firmware field would be blank in web interface? this was how I was checking for any new updates previously.

• tony72000
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2024 14:53 #4 by tony72000
Replied by tony72000 on topic Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware?
Hang on... I just noticed that the support page says this is version 4.3.3, but when you download it, the file and release notes states 4.4.3.

Vigor 2962 (draytek.co.uk)

What gives?

More
11 Sep 2024 15:02 - 11 Sep 2024 15:06 #5 by andew
Replied by andew on topic Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware?
Hi

Just noticed the versions i mentioned are from the draytek.com site rather than the .co.uk one. I also keep an eye on https://fw.draytek.com.tw

Regards

Andrew
Last edit: 11 Sep 2024 15:06 by andew. Reason: Added details

More
12 Sep 2024 09:03 #6 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Vigor 2962 - Which Firmware?

Any idea why the latest firmware field would be blank in web interface? this was how I was checking for any new updates previously.
Hi,

This appears to be happening on all models, including older firmware instances on the same models, so it must be a server-request generated value&link and the server site isn’t resolving for some reason. I’m sure DrayTek will realise and fix it soon enough 🤞🏼.

The GUI download option is normally the official release version for your model and region. Which should match the latest official release available at the your region’s support site pages.

The firmware(s) obtained from any of the regional FTP sites are official releases plus any beta releases.

Moderators: ChrisSami