DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot upgrade firmware on Vigor 167 from 5.2.4 to 5.2.5

• MrHedgehog
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2024 15:54 #1 by MrHedgehog
Hi all,

I'm struggling to upgrade the firmware on my Vigor 167 from version 5.2.4 to 5.2.5. I've upgraded from 5.1.2 -> 5.2 -> 5.2.1 -> 5.2.2 -> 5.2.3 -> 5.2.4 using the web interface and uploading the .all file. When I upgrade to 5.2.5 it will upload the firmware, apply and restart but seems to stay on version 5.2.4 post restart.

This is what I currently have:

[img]file://[/img]Firmware: 5.2.4
Build Date/Time: Thu Jan 18 11:23:14 CST 2024
Web Version: 3.4.0.1
Core Version: r520

Any ideas? I'm tempted to re-try 5.2.4 and then 5.2.5 (https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-167) again.

Thanks, Will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2024 23:22 #2 by HodgesanDY
Hi MrHedgehog,

Have you tried a full power down of the router and back on again. I have seen FW version numbers displayed on the Dashboard page take some time to populate.

It could be something as simple as that. Also, it could be the connection to the GUI that you're using. Sometimes switching to a node more directly connected to the device will succeed an update. But then I've also had better luck updating certain devices across two subnets via two routers in the past as well. It 's hard to say what changes from one FW release to the next; the release notes are pretty sparse!

• MrHedgehog
  • Topic Author
More
13 Sep 2024 12:01 #3 by MrHedgehog
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply and yes, have tried to power cycle the router and have tried uploading the firmware from a laptop directly attached and also from behind the router/firewall that it is attached to. Neither methods make a difference.

As you say the release notes aren't so helpful. Looks like I might have to stay on 5.2.4. The fixes that 5.2.5 addresses don't seem too critical - but not being able to upgrade further is more of a concern.

• MrHedgehog
  • Topic Author
More
17 Sep 2024 15:24 #4 by MrHedgehog
Just to circle back round to this, after much trial and error I was able to successfully upgrade the device to the 5.2.5 firmware revision.

In the end I factory reset the device, which I had anticipated would take be back to the 5.1.2 firmware level, but instead took to be 5.2.4 with all the configuration factory reset. From there I was able to upgrade to 5.2.5.

So - mystery solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HodgesanDY

Moderators: ChrisSami