DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Use IE not Firefox when adjusting your Vigor

More
06 Feb 2007 02:29 #40653 by robbie505206
Replied by robbie505206 on topic Use IE not Firefox when adjusting your Vigor
I use firefox all the time on our 2600 and 2800 units we have (about 30) without any problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2007 15:16 #41140 by dhumble
Replied by dhumble on topic Use IE not Firefox when adjusting your Vigor
Not had problems with Firefoz on either 2200USB or 2800V.

David

Draytek 2800V Firmware: 2.7_E38

More
19 Mar 2007 09:56 #41529 by stuc
Firefox Fine here on two 2800's
Only get to use I.E on about one in 100 web pages and then feel slightly soiled afterwards.

More
22 May 2007 01:21 #42795 by bugmenot2
Replied by bugmenot2 on topic Use IE not Firefox when adjusting your Vigor
Firefox works almost fine with everything on my (deep breath) Vigor2600 plus series annex A, FW 2.5.9_UK. But there's a couple of pages that fail, one being http://<vigor>/doc/WGeneraS.htm , the general settings in the wireless lan setup. The other day I changed my WLAN from G to B and G, and FF was unable to OK the new settings, but it worked in IE.

One of the things I had already changed in FF is to always show the borders of frames. This means I can see the mess of nested frames that the router's admin pages are, and when OK'ing the above page in FF, the frames spread out across the browser window. The 3 seemingly empty frames that are on the left of the admin screen, which are normally all together (the frames are probably 0 pixels wide or something) and hence "invisible", all moved about 200px to the right when I hit OK, and the settings don't take.

This is a bit annoying, as I don't like to have to use IE, especially when I don't appear to be needing to use IE. There are rare instances where there is no alternative to Internet Explorer, like some corporate bespoke web-app that uses active-X, but submitting what appears to be a normal form should work in any browser! I assume its JS related, as a few bits of the router's config don't work unless JS is enabled in my browser... maybe there's a few lines of VBScript or something somewhere...

Please deal with this Draytek :) . Ubuntu works nearly perfectly on my laptop, so I may not have IE even on my computer soon!

More
22 May 2007 20:16 #42823 by njh
Firefox is generally OK but falls down on a few screens in the 2900, 2900V and 2600G, such as setting time servers.

I can get it to work by running Firefox in safe mode, so it suggests that it is possibly caused by an extension conflict.

IE7 is also OK on its own, but I have seen one user have problems with Maxathon.

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

More
07 Jun 2007 01:37 #43203 by bugmenot2
Replied by bugmenot2 on topic Use IE not Firefox when adjusting your Vigor
Oh yeah, the time set up breaks on FF for me too.

I have NoScript installed, but allow JS for the router. I also have an extension that gives extra options for javascript, so maybe something I've turned off causes the page to break. I've turned off a few irritations, like pages being able to hide the address bar in new windows etc..

But fiddling with a few options hasn't helped...

Moderators: Sami