Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

V1281 - HVE290

• bwhight
  • Topic Author
More
25 Feb 2020 10:15 #1 by bwhight
V1281 - HVE290 was created by bwhight
Hi everyone,

I have one of these video switches at home, with a couple of HVE290-K (TX) senders and several (RX) receivers. I need one more sender, but Draytek has stopped making them. Can I use a third-party sender instead and will it work with all of the senders/receivers I already have? Draytek's support pages show how to use third-party TX/RX, but I dont know if that means you have to exclusively use those.

Here is one from Lindy that seems very similar indeed and would be ideal, if it will work!...

https://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/extenders-c181/hdmi-ir-over-100base-t-ip-extender-p9078

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2020 16:08 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: V1281 - HVE290
Whatever you use, it MUST be an Ethernet/IP device - some use ethernet cable/CAT5 but not actual Ethernet or IP, so could damage your switch. That Lindy one is 100BaseT, so is okay but whether it works will depend on whether it uses the same chipset...which is quite likely, but I can't be sure. The DrayTek devices use IP broadcast, not multicast, as that Lindy one probably does (the absesne of DIP switches is normally the clue). There are others on ebay/amazon similar and cheaper..

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami