Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

FX2120 and Other Draytek Switches

• stevencavanagh
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2024 02:53 #1 by stevencavanagh
FX2120 and Other Draytek Switches was created by stevencavanagh
Hi,

Have been using Pfsense and numerous switches without issue but now want to go to L3 routing for when my network gets upgraded to 10G and take the inter VLAN load off the pfsense box. To this end I have purchased a FX2120 as the core switch and will have several P2280x as edge switches. 

Consequently, I have removed the VLANs from pfsense and re-created them on the FX2120, each having their own DHCP server and also added a 'transit' VLAN for all unknown traffic to go to pfsense. Not able to fully test yet but seems close enough so far. However, I have a problem..............

Apart from the fact that the FX2120 and other switches appear to max out at 8 interfaces and the 'transit' one will take my total to 9, when I connect a device to an edge router port which is set to a particular VLAN I get an IP address from the correct DHCP server EXCEPT when the port is assigned to the default VLAN (1) in which case I do not get an IP address! Not surprised as I cannot find anywhere in the FX2120 to add a DHCP server to the default VLAN!

Anyone have a clue whether I can have a DHCP server on the default VLAN (1)??

Currently I have the pfsense, switches & APs on the default LAN, all statically assigned but I had initially set some of my key PCs on this VLAN also unfortunately. 

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami