DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPSec from Windows Server 2008 RRAS to 2800

• moo1969
  • Topic Author
More
11 Aug 2009 17:47 #1 by moo1969
Hi,

I've got a Windows Server 2008 box being hosted at a remote site and I'm trying to use RRAS in 2008 to create an IPSec LAN to LAN VPN connection back to a Draytek 2800 in my office.

I've successfully managed to create a PPTP connection from the server back to my router but am unable to get the IPSec connection to work. Syslog on the router shows "responding to main mode from x.x.x.x" and that's as far as it gets.

I've checked with Draytek Support and all the settings on the router side are correct so no doubt it's something in RRAS on the server that's stopping it from working. I've been trawling the net but can't find anything specific about this.

Basically I've run through the same process in RRAS to create a demand dial interface as I did for the PPTP connection but selected L2TP IPSec VPN instead of PPTP. Under the security tab I've changed the security options from typical - require secured password (which worked for PPTP but not for IPsec) to advanced and played with the encryption and protocol options to no avail.

I know it's a longshot but does anybody have any experience with RRAS in Server 2008 or RRAs in general that might have a few suggestions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami