DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Remote worker to Vigor 2820n VPN

• dangermouse1977
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jan 2010 13:14 #1 by dangermouse1977
Remote worker to Vigor 2820n VPN was created by dangermouse1977
I have a situation whereby I have a Vigor 2820n at the office, with a server 2008 box sat behind it, the Vigor is connected to an ADSL line with a 5 fixed IP package.

I also have 2 remote workers who use 3G dongles to connect to the net.

I need to give those remote workers access to the resources on the server - meaning a VPN needs to be created.

I've read all the guides and googled the subject, and I'm almost to a stage where it works, however I think I'm missing something obvious.

Does anyone have the time to walk me through getting this up and working??

Here's what I've done so far:

VPN>>Remote access control>> all services ticked
Remote Dial in User>> created a user with the account enabled, the username and password the same as the user's details in Active Directory, allowed dial-in type set to PPTP

Within Active Directory on the server, I've ticked allow access on the dial-in tab of the relevent user, but that's the only thing I've done.

I've then created a VPN connection within Vista to the IP address of the ADSL service at the office, with the server domain name and username and password inserted. (as an aside, I can ping the IP address that I'm trying to connect to)

When I try to connect the VPN, I get an error message saying error 808 - the remote server refused the connection.

It occurs to me that I've set no pre shared key or anything.... all I've done are the steps above.

No question is too stupid, so please ask away / suggest what I've missed, I'm running out of time to get this sorted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2010 11:00 #2 by mrfac
Replied by mrfac on topic Remote worker to Vigor 2820n VPN
Are you going to use microsoft pptp server as a VPN server or you are using draytek router as a vpn server ?

If using microsoft server:

Untick pptp on remote access on draytek, redirect port 1723 to your ms pptp server ip.

If using draytek as a pptp server. Thick pptp on remote access on Draytek You have to create user on router - it dosen have to be same as ad -> it really have nothing to do with ad. After connection clinet will be a part of internal network BUT not logged with any credencials, so if client will access ie. share login cre will show up.

If you need more help fell free to ask: mrfac@o2.pl. Im not a often guest of this bnoard ;)

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami