• sicon
  • Topic Author
  • Contributor
  • Contributor
More
25 Jun 2014 12:29 #1 by sicon
SSL VPN was created by sicon
HI All

I have configured some SSL VPNS to a couple 2860s on different sites.

Both will connect and I get the IP address on the network I am connecting to and the gateway if I tick the box for the remote gateway.

The problem is at that point is I cannot connect/see/ping/tracert/http to anything on the network I connect too

Both routers are exactly the same, they show me connected in the in Connection Management with an IP and also in the SSL user Status.

If I use the Draytek VPN client L2TP over IPSEC is works fine

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • Topic Author
  • Contributor
  • Contributor
More
26 Jun 2014 11:53 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: SSL VPN
Anyone?? :?:

More
04 Jul 2014 17:03 #3 by penkarien
Replied by penkarien on topic Re: SSL VPN
I have to claim ignorance about Draytek SSLs but I do know about the kind you get in Smoothwalls. L2TP and SSL tunnels behave differently, in that with an L2TP tunnel you get an address on the target subnet and your PC behaves as if it was just another device connected to the subnet.

With a Smoothwall SSL tunnel you get an address on a sort of virtual intermediate network, and depending on the group you're a member of you have to be bridged through to the target subnet. Depending on the ports and protocols you allow you can give remote users access to the whole network or just RDP on port 3389 to a particular target computer.

It would be handy to know more about the V2860's way of doing it but I think it has to do with the SSL Application, etc.

Sorry if that's not particularly helpful but I've found that while L2TP tunnels allow everything, SSL tunnels pretty much block everything until you enable something. Smoothwall's way of enabling things is quite easy but I haven't got my head around Draytek's yet.

Good luck.

• sicon
  • Topic Author
  • Contributor
  • Contributor
More
15 Jul 2014 16:51 #4 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: SSL VPN
thanks - according to the Application note you shold be able to get an address and it be the same as L2TP and PPTP.
I can get it to work with specified apps like RDP but nothing as a straight through VPN like PPTP/L2TP

Moderators: ChrisSami