DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

I cant read anymore, my heads about to explode....

• brainpain
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2016 19:29 #1 by brainpain
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction.

Ive got my first Draytec router, a 2860n-plus and whilst I dont profess to be being a network expert I can usually get to where i want to be but I think im having a meltdown due to too much information.

What im trying to achieve is have 2 networks in the house, 1 connected to BT infinity as normal and the other connected via a VPN.

Ive got 3 appliances in Lan ports 1-3 and 3 more in 4-6. i want 4-6 to go through the vpn.

I have set the VPN up as dial out to NordVPN under 'VPN and remote access' >> 'Lan to Lan' using ptpp. If I select 'always on' and exit the connection management tells me the vpn is connected and gives me a different IP.

Its when I try to apply the vpn to one of the networks that im coming unstuck, Do I need to group the 2 x 3 appliances together under separate Vlan's and apply the vpn to one of those ?

goddamn, im so confused today im not sure if im asking the right questions.

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPPPP lol

Any pointers you can give me would be appreciated

Regards

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2016 14:57 #2 by voodle
If the appliances have fixed IPs on the network, you can set up Load Balance / Route Policy rules to push their Source IP addresses through the VPN tunnel and that should be it?

• brainpain
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2016 22:08 #3 by brainpain
Thanks for the reply Voodle, I hadnt thought of doing it that way.

I will get a bit of time to look at it tomorrow, thx again for the pointer

Moderators: ChrisSami