DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No VOIP Audio over VPN

More
27 Jun 2016 10:30 #1 by ens
No VOIP Audio over VPN was created by ens
Hi All

I have done a quick search but did not find any simple answer and as i'm new to all this I decided to make a new post. Also not sure if this should be in the VOIP section?

I have a set up with a main office and home office situation as follows.

The main office has one subnet with all client computers and the phone system on but all client phones here are not VOIP hence no separation (not my original install). WAN connection via ADSL with a 2830n. There is a second subnet on the wireless only for guest access but this is not currently in use.

The home office has three subnets, one for home use, one for guests and one for the single VOIP phone. WAN connection is ADSL with a 2860ac.

I have set up a lan to lan VPN on aggressive mode as per the online guides which connects ok and I can access the home router from the office no problems. The VOIP phone sees the phone system in the office and connects, it rings and can dial out but there is no audio either way.

Phone system is Samsung

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2016 17:39 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: No VOIP Audio over VPN
Sounds like it might be a port issue, you'll need the instructions for your phone system to see which ports need to be open for the Samsungs.

More
05 Jul 2016 10:52 #3 by ens
Replied by ens on topic Re: No VOIP Audio over VPN
I'm a bit new on VPN so I was thinking it just let all ports through I will look into the ports required.

Moderators: ChrisSami