DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPsec Tunnel

• ian@21ce.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2019 20:00 #1 by ian@21ce.co.uk
IPsec Tunnel was created by ian@21ce.co.uk
Can anyone tell me if this is possible, I have a LAN to LAN between our office and client site. the office is 192.168.2.1 and the client is 192.168.1.1

We have a automation control system on the remote site and it uses SDDP (Simple Device Discovery Protocol) to locate new devices that need adding into the system. I want to plug a device into the office and have the automation system locate it. I can set the new device up with a static IP in the 192.168.1.xxx range so the remote automation system on the same subnet can see it but what if anything can I do in the two vigors to make the remote system see and device here in the office and adopt it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2019 01:28 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: IPsec Tunnel
The answer to these sorts of problem (i.e. Broadcast traffic over a VPN), seems to be to use IGMP or GRE. (There is (usually) a "Enable Multicast over VPN" option in the Lan-Lan profile, but that doesn't seem to do a whole lot)

Neither IGMP nor GRE solved my DLNA problems between a 2830 and a 2860 though. If you're using something newer/fancier, you might be in luck. Alternatively, some kind of SSDP proxy software might exist?

I can't find the original Draytek article I followed :cry:

(This might confirm the problem, if not the solution: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1869106-udp-broadcast-over-vpn )

• ian@21ce.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
24 Mar 2019 10:30 #3 by ian@21ce.co.uk
Replied by ian@21ce.co.uk on topic Re: IPsec Tunnel
Thanks for the reply, my network knowledge is limited to basic stuff so a lot of that is over my head. It sounds like the answer is not as simple as I had hoped so I will probably stick to learning these new intercoms in when we are on the clients LAN on Monday. Appreciate the help though :D

Moderators: ChrisSami