DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Bind an AP903 to a particular uplink node/root

• mattgumbley
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2021 11:55 #1 by mattgumbley
Hi, I have 3 AP903 mesh nodes and a 2926ac root node. One of the 903s will usually bind to the mesh root as its uplink, but will occasionally switch to another 903 on the same floor. When it does this, the throughput of any client connected to it drops sharply (as traffic must go thorough an extra hop to the uplink 903 then to the root). Is there any way to fix which node a 903 will use as its uplink? Or to specify an RSSI range within which it should stay connected to the root?
Many thanks,
Matt Gumbley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2021 14:53 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Bind an AP903 to a particular uplink node/root
On my AP903 in Mesh - Mesh Setup I can tick on any of the devices in the Mesh Group as "Preferred Uplink"

• mattgumbley
  • Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2021 19:47 #3 by mattgumbley
Replied by mattgumbley on topic Re: Bind an AP903 to a particular uplink node/root
Thank you - just checked, on the AP903, Mesh/Mesh Setup, I can see the list of nodes in the mesh group, but there's no control to select one, or a 'preferred uplink'.. Which version of the firmware are you using? I'm on 1.3.6, the latest is 1.4.2 but nothing in the release notes between 1.3.6 and 1.4.2 mentions any changes to mesh setup in this regard.

More
02 Nov 2021 08:40 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Bind an AP903 to a particular uplink node/root
I'm on 1.4.2

I think the option to choose a preferred uplink came in a firmware or two back...

Moderators: ChrisSami