DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2700 on WBC/21CN ADSL2+

More
18 Jan 2010 10:20 #13 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2700 on WBC/21CN ADSL2+
Check that you've got the right modem code too, I think 2.8.2 used 131701.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2010 13:39 #14 by deadkenny
Replied by deadkenny on topic 2700 on WBC/21CN ADSL2+
Yeah, it's the right code. I had the same result with 2.8.2 also anyway, so think it's the exchange limiting me.

Found I can connect with G.DMT and then change it to multimode which is fine, but if I reset the modem it will fail to connect unless I set it to G.DMT.

That was yesterday though, haven't tried today. Don't want to try too much if it means the exchange sees my line as poor quality because the modem fails to connect. If I leave it long enough, would it then let me attempt a better connection again or do I need BT to clear the profile or something?

Edit: Connection must have dropped today. Line sounds fine, but modem isn't connecting. Again, changed to G.DMT and it connects first time. Seems ADSL2+ is game over for me for now.

Draytek Vigor 2700V (2S1L). Firmware: 2.8.3

More
06 Jul 2010 09:23 #15 by deadkenny
FYI. All got sorted in the end. The was a fault on the line (physically disconnecting itself at the pole over the street!). BT sorted that and then I spent ages battling between PN and BT to get the limits removed from my line as it seemed to assume my line was only any good for less than 2mbps broadband. When it was all lifted I was syncing fine with ADSL2+.

Speed... no different to when I was on plain ADSL. 6Mbps aprox. Though there's a little SNR to spare and it could be the profile band I'm in.

More
06 Jul 2010 09:55 #16 by azzaka
Replied by azzaka on topic 2700 on WBC/21CN ADSL2+
Ask PN for the banded Profile info. You could be capped at 4-6mb profile which is why you see no difference and there is Margin to spare.

You should be able to drop to a 3db SNR profile which will allow a much better connection. On top of that if you still have issues, the server should enable INP on the downstream which should not limit the speed at level 1.

I Sync
I Auth
Therefore I am... Online

Technical Support Services Consultant, Zen Internet Ltd

More
06 Jul 2010 16:16 #17 by deadkenny
They did mention about watching it and if it was stable enough try to get me go onto the next band.

Problem is my sync speed seems to drop down a little occasionally (but SNR goes up accordingly). It's been fine for weeks but today I noticed it was down at 5mb and SNR around 15. Rebooted the router and it locked back onto 6.5 and SNR around 9 I think (early morning though). Looking at the history the line doesn't appear to be suffering problems and I don't get a noticeable line drop. Just somewhere along the way it resyncs to a slightly lower speed.

More
06 Jul 2010 16:50 #18 by azzaka
Replied by azzaka on topic 2700 on WBC/21CN ADSL2+
Noise spike causing the resync.

To get a better sync speed, you will need the banded profile removed. PN will be aware that this may cause intermittency which is why they are not removing it.

My suggestion would be to have a yarn with them and see what they think. Explain that you want the profile removed and you are aware that it may become intermittent.

If it does and is on a 2+ profile, ask them to enable INP. The 2700 should do extended ethernet framing and therefore wont have a issue with INP. The INP should compensate for the line spikes, allowing you to have the Banded Profile removed.

I Sync
I Auth
Therefore I am... Online

Technical Support Services Consultant, Zen Internet Ltd

Moderators: ChrisSami