DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VIGOR 2710N MTU Setting !

More
15 Feb 2011 22:03 #66291 by gyroscan
Replied by gyroscan on topic VIGOR 2710N MTU Setting !
Hi Andy, all I did was goto
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportDownloads.php
and download the latest firmware for my 2710, all appears to be working fine ???, everything has been running fine for 50 odd hrs or so, dont know if its a beta. I went to the UK site after I updated the firmware to Rel 3.3.6.2 and noticed that they only had R3.3.5.1 it did strike me as odd?, but as I said everything seems ok, my Sn Margin is still the same 5 (not good) and my loop att is still 39 and I still get the some TX crc errors off 127 and RX errors of 78 (in 50 odd hours thats not bad for me), I am with Pipex (Tiscali) here in the UK.
No really sure what I can do to improve the problems but am happy its relatively stable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2011 09:24 #66330 by rhubarb
Replied by rhubarb on topic VIGOR 2710N MTU Setting !

gyroscan wrote: Hi Andy, all I did was goto.....

Thanks for that. :) Having just been to the Taiwan site again I see they're still at 3.3.6. I think what you are seeing is 3.3.6_2**** on your 'online status panel. Thanks anyway.

As a matter of interest, which variant are you using? I've recently changed from one of the other previously recommended variants to _232201 and find that I'm getting a faster connection.

Regards - Andy

More
18 Feb 2011 12:45 #66338 by gyroscan
Replied by gyroscan on topic VIGOR 2710N MTU Setting !
Hi, Andy, i was using the same _232201 Variant, unfortunatly my 2710 has suffered from a faulty power supply amd so has gone back to Dabs for a replacement, I am back using my Netgear DGN2000 for the moment!
Sorry for the mis-direction, my confusion was due to the fact that we use similar release level description in my line of work but take the first number in the variant as part of the release, ah well, I now know better!
All the best
Mark :oops:

Moderators: ChrisSami