DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 with 3.3.2.1 slows down over time

• gcp
  • Topic Author
More
07 Sep 2009 19:01 #13 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820 with 3.3.2.1 slows down over time

faris wrote: I'm having horrible problems with 3.3.2.1 too. I need to reboot every week at minimum, and usually more often.

I've not noticed slowing down as such, only that the web interface doesn't work and voip calls start to be unusable. Raw throughput seems OK though.

I was using 3.3.0, I think, with no issues that I'm aware of.

Faris.

Hi Faris, I should be more specific, by slowing down I do mean the web interface stops responding correctly, only showing parts here and there and generally taking longer to response, the ADSL bandwidth itself remains unchanged.
I too have also noticed the VOIP deteriorating over time too.

Gareth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2009 11:38 #14 by faris
Replied by faris on topic 2820 with 3.3.2.1 slows down over time
Ah. I see.

Unfortunately we rely on VoIP here. We also rely on our DrayTek kit. There's no other product (that I'm aware of) that compares in terms of features - at least features that we need and use. I'm not counting Cisco kit and the like of course.

I'm hoping the next firmare will sort things out.

I read in another topic about people having firewall issues (with 3.3.0) -- I was wondering why it never worked the way I expected it to :-)

I'm prepared to wait though. At least it mostly works as long as I remember to reboot.

Faris.

p.s. I've got my eye on the VoIP appliance version of the 2820 too, though it would have been better if it supported IAX trunks. We usually build Asterisk boxes for that sort of thing but it will be nice to have a small quiet little box that almost does the same thing. Draytek is going to make a killing with those, I think. It will be ideal for ITSPs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami