DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Definate Xbox Live issue with 2820vn and 3.3.3

More
24 May 2010 23:57 #62115 by wywywywy
Replied by wywywywy on topic Definate Xbox Live issue with 2820vn and 3.3.3
Hi all,

Just want to say I have EXACTLY the same issue, except I am with Entanet. I have of course checked with Entanet and they insist that everything is fine on their side.

I found a temporary workaround though - if I do DHCP request, then re-test network (which will fail), then DHCP again, etc a few times, it will eventually connect. Weird isn't it!

I also have the same problem with the last version of firmware. In fact that's why I upgraded to 3.3.3 hoping this would be fixed.

My guess is that it has something to do with the UPNP implementation.

Anybody any clues?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jahultranix
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2010 13:55 #62955 by jahultranix
Replied by jahultranix on topic Definate Xbox Live issue with 2820vn and 3.3.3
Guys,

Pleased to confirm that draytek appear to have fixed this issue in the latest 2820 firmware. Even works with just UPNP enabled and no special config (awesome)

I went through hell trying to find out what the problem is. Even to the point that I was max debugging my own BIND sever to find out what it was bitching about. With that in mind I suspect it was closely related to one of these two fixes:

NAT

8. Corrected: NAT mechanism for better handling of DNS packets

DNS

24. Fixed: AAAA queries from computers sometimes get response without AAAA type from DNS server, which causes the transparent mode for AAAA to fail.

Any further info on this from Draytek may help solve a great annoying mystery of life for me!!!

If not, good news is for all Xbox owners, its all fixed now (in 3.3.4 firmware!!) ;)

More
21 Jul 2010 19:41 #62960 by northerngit
Replied by northerngit on topic Definate Xbox Live issue with 2820vn and 3.3.3

jahultranix wrote: If not, good news is for all Xbox owners, its all fixed now (in 3.3.4 firmware!!) ;)

Unfortunately, after moving to 3.3.4, both my XBOX360's with wireless N drop out after 10 or so minutes. They are still connected to the wireless, and report XBOX Live as being up - but they can't log in. Draytek support have been looking at the issue for a number of weeks with no resolution. Rebooting the console doesn't fix the issue - once it drops, thats it, no XBL!

3.3.3 worked like a charm. Sigh.

• jahultranix
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2010 20:03 #62961 by jahultranix
Replied by jahultranix on topic Definate Xbox Live issue with 2820vn and 3.3.3
Do you get the same problem using an Ethernet connection instead of wireless ?

More
06 Aug 2010 20:38 #63216 by chal086
Replied by chal086 on topic Same issue here
It started about 4 weeks ago, the only thing that has changed is the upgrade 3.3.3.4. And no it is fine on cable, seems to be just the wireless connection which drops out about 10 minutes or so??

Anyone?

More
07 Aug 2010 22:10 #63223 by blueranger
Replied by blueranger on topic Definate Xbox Live issue with 2820vn and 3.3.3
Exactly the same problem here (2820Vn on 3.3.4). Have resorted to running a cable out of the upstairs window of my son's bedroom, around the house and in through the study window to connect to the router!

Moderators: Sami