DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem

More
08 Jul 2010 10:06 #62763 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem
Yes 3.3.4 is definitely broken in terms of DHCP and Binding to MAC addresses. I've had to revert to 3.3.3 to get any of my VM's working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2010 13:15 #62770 by johncc
Replied by johncc on topic 2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem
Mine's still at 3.3.1.2_232201. Every update I tried since then broke things badly, and for a long time they were marked RC or beta so I just stopped checking.

Thought I'd come back and see if there was a canonical, stable, golden release yet. Looking at the above, I guess not!

Sounds like 3.3.3 might be worth a go, but I do I really want the whole will it/won't it lottery, or just stick with a devil I know, which has plenty of faults but at least ones that I can mostly live with?

Can't say I'd ever rush out to buy Drayteks again, sadly.

More
08 Jul 2010 17:34 #62780 by mikeysoft
Replied by mikeysoft on topic 2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem
It's very disappointing that major software releases are being made with such big flaws in them to existing (working) functionality.

It shows little regard for customers. Some of us have bought these for use by businesses where we look after their IT system, so it's bad value for them, and reflects badly on us.

What is the best alternative (price/function) to SME models like the 2820? Sonicwall equivalent?

• catzi
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jul 2010 18:05 #62781 by catzi
Replied by catzi on topic 2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem
Yes, I agree. I'm not sure there are any other routers at there with the same spec/pricepoint but I'd be happier if there was. I'd be even happier if Draytek did a bit more testing!

More
12 Jul 2010 22:47 #62817 by dooby
Replied by dooby on topic 2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem
I'm also having problems with firmware 3.3.4, specifically with VPN access. I can authenticate, and connect, however, nothing apart from the router itself is reliably accessible from the remote location. The first ping would get a response, but subsequent pings would be ignored.

I have a call logged with DrayTek support, so I'm working with them.

More
16 Jul 2010 12:03 #62897 by benji
Replied by benji on topic 2820vn 3.3.4 firmware problem

Dooby wrote: The first ping would get a response, but subsequent pings would be ignored.

I vaguely recall seeing this on a previous firmware - do you have any of the DoS settings enabled? If so try switching those off?

Moderators: Sami