DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 network interfaces "pausing" sporadically

• cpnowell
  • Topic Author
More
15 Oct 2010 00:04 #1 by cpnowell
Has anyone come across this problem with the 2820? It's completely random, not consistent and can't be tied down to any given time of day.

When it happens, it's as if ALL the network interfaces (wired or wireless) just suddenly "pause" and you can't get anything in or out. During this phase, I can't even login to the web interface via a wired machine; never mind a wireless one. This will go on for 20-30 secs and sometimes up to a minute and then as suddenly as it "paused", it will fire back into life again on all connected machines as if nothing has happened. No error messages in the syslog, nothing...

(running the latest firmware but its happened since I've got it over a year ago - and also using OpenDNS. Currently on Zen but it used to happen when I was on O2 also)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2010 21:22 #2 by dbames
I can confirm that I've witnessed this behaviour on my 2820Vn too. Though not with 3.3.4_RC10 that I'm running at the moment...

• cpnowell
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2010 00:15 #3 by cpnowell
Replied by cpnowell on topic 2820 network interfaces "pausing" sporadically

dbames wrote: I can confirm that I've witnessed this behaviour on my 2820Vn too. Though not with 3.3.4_RC10 that I'm running at the moment...

Thanks very much for confirming that. I thought I was going mad not being able to pin it down... Is RC10 freely available anywhere? (couldn't see it on the FTP site...)

Colin

More
29 Oct 2010 09:29 #4 by anoracknophobia
Replied by anoracknophobia on topic 2820 ... random Loss of LAN connection
Something similar for me too, over the last month I have experienced random loss of connection to the router over the LAN ( monitored more or less continuosly with ServerPing side bar app )

Also, the duration of the loss of connection appears to be be much longer after about 24hours of operation... so I reboot the router. If this continues to be a problem, this once ( apparently ) reliable and trusty device will be scrapped.

note : I'm stilll running Firmware Version: 3.3.3_232201 as I had trouble with 3.3.4 back in Aug/Sept 2010.

More
30 Oct 2010 16:38 #5 by dbames

CPNowell wrote:

dbames wrote: I can confirm that I've witnessed this behaviour on my 2820Vn too. Though not with 3.3.4_RC10 that I'm running at the moment...

Thanks very much for confirming that. I thought I was going mad not being able to pin it down... Is RC10 freely available anywhere? (couldn't see it on the FTP site...)
Colin

I've got a copy lurking here that I can make available. Might also give 3.3.4.1 a test at some point.

• cpnowell
  • Topic Author
More
30 Oct 2010 21:20 #6 by cpnowell
Replied by cpnowell on topic 2820 network interfaces "pausing" sporadically

dbames wrote:

CPNowell wrote:

Colin

I've got a copy lurking here that I can make available. Might also give 3.3.4.1 a test at some point.

I am understanding correctly that 3.3.4_RC10 is actually older than 3.3.4.1?

Colin

Moderators: ChrisSami