DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

21CN BT Wholesale connections

More
29 Oct 2010 09:12 #64553 by candl
Replied by candl on topic 21CN BT Wholesale connections
Yes it is!, I've certainly heard of issues with 2600's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2010 16:30 #64608 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 21CN BT Wholesale connections

lozstlouis wrote: Depends which ISP you ask. The one in question (who shall remain nameless for now) points the finger at 2600 - 2820 with all firmware. Bit of a sweeping statement if you ask me.

Why nameless; if they are misinforming, they should be corrected. If they genuinely have problems, they ought to tell DrayTek !

Forum Administrator

• lozstlouis
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2010 15:16 #64628 by lozstlouis
Replied by lozstlouis on topic 21CN BT Wholesale connections
The ISP and Draytek UK are now in coversation. Leave 'em to it!

www.alits.co.uk

More
11 Nov 2010 16:49 #64826 by scroucher
Replied by scroucher on topic 21CN BT Wholesale connections
I've found the 2820 drops sync on C&W LLU but others have said it is the best for C&W. I'm not sure if the ADSL chipset on the 2820 was quietly changed at some point.

Steve

More
11 Nov 2010 18:13 #64829 by guyver
Replied by guyver on topic 21CN BT Wholesale connections
I received a mailshot from Timico this morning saying about network upgrades to my line at the end of this month, but it also specifically said that I needed to contact them within the next 5 days if I used DrayTek equipment (no other manufacturer was named, just DrayTek and in its own section of the newsletter too).

After contacting them (I have a 2820 VN) they said that they, as well as other (unnamed) ISPs, have found problems with DrayTek equipment and as such they weren't migrating any customers to 21CN if this is what they were using.

They continued to say they're speaking to DrayTek to resolve this although I won't be particularly impressed if it turns out my ADSL 2+ router that I bought specifically to upgrade to 21CN isn't actually compatible after all! :(

More
17 Nov 2010 15:07 #64895 by adamhwright
Replied by adamhwright on topic 21CN BT Wholesale connections
Hi - Not seen this mailshot - however we resell Timico to our clients and we use Draytek routers!
They upgraded a number of our clients to 21CN who were using the 2600 router - these customers all lost internet services untill we could swap out with a different router - Timico recommend some Thomson box which has no VPN capabilities.
Some clients were using a variety of 2800 and 2820N and these all appear to be ok.
Ideally I would have liked some warning of this from the ISP.
Hope this helps.

Moderators: ChrisSami