Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+

• hefty hippie
  • Topic Author
More
16 Apr 2011 09:25 #67323 by hefty hippie
Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+ was created by hefty hippie
Hi,

Has anybody managed to get the Vigor 2800 running well on ADSL2+?

I only ask as I'm having all manner of problems here with frequent disconnects and lower than expected sync speeds.
Presently running Firmware Version 2.8.2 with modulation set to ADSL2+.

I borrowed a SpeedTouch 546 v6 for a few days to run a comparison with my Vigor 2800.
The SpeedTouch synced approx 1.5 ~ 2.0 Meg higher than the Draytek with no unexpected disconnects.

Any clues please?

HH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2011 09:11 #67327 by geaves
Replied by geaves on topic Re: Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+
Hi,

Yes and no, yes in so much that it connected and appeared to be stable, setting was on Auto ADSL2+ and isp is BT. However after a few hours a specicfic piece of software stopped receiving data.
Quick check on the Vigor DSL light...still connected, logged into web interface, still connected, tried to access bbc, nothing, some data was being received but not enough for the website to display.
So I have used a spare bt business router which I have for backup...this is fine, so there is obviously some problem with my 2800G.

I have found on other forums that there appears to be connection problems with the 2800 and the ADSL2+ network, but as yet have not found a solution. It's a shame as this has been a exceptional piece of hardware.

• hefty hippie
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2011 10:28 #67328 by hefty hippie
Replied by hefty hippie on topic Re: Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+
Hi,
Many thanks for the reply.
Yep, I've done some digging myself and found several forums where Vigor 2800 instability has been mentioned.
I've also found information on the sites of a few ISPs stating that the 2800 is not recommended for use with ADSL2+.
What annoys me is that Draytek state that the 2800 does work with ADSL2+.
Maybe I'll try a Vigor 2710 and see how that goes or maybe I'll just buy a SpeedTouch 546 for £30.

More
19 Apr 2011 13:02 #67355 by geaves
Have you seen this.... http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_inp.html go the bottom of the page..."For the Vigor2800 series, the recommended ADSL firmware for use on ADSL2+ lines is version E67.3.61"

I downloaded and installed th UK version rather than the alternative so my adsl firmware is E.38.2.23, so have downloaded but yet to install the alternative....may leave this til the weekend, but certainly worth a try anyway.

• hefty hippie
  • Topic Author
More
20 Apr 2011 11:26 #67369 by hefty hippie
Replied by hefty hippie on topic Re: Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+
Geaves,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've just whacked E67.3.61 on my 2800.
Too early to tell if there have been any improvements but I'll see how it goes and report back.

Cheers,

HH

More
21 Apr 2011 10:26 #67403 by geaves
Well, took the plunge and installed the alternative firmware....and so far has been up ok for over 10 hours still a bit early, however,

Modulation is set at ADSL2+ Auto(G.992.5) this gives a stable SNR of 4.2 and a line attenuation of 42 with a downstream of 5.6 and up of 0.76.

If I change the modualtion to G.DMT, SNR fluctuates from as low as 3.5 to 11.5 with a line attenuation of 44, downstream 6.1 and up of 0.96

At present I have left it on ADSL2+ and will leave it that way probably for at least a week and then try G.DMT, with the BT 2700 the modulation read G.DMTADSL2+ Annex A.

But so far it's looking good.

Geoff

Moderators: Sami