Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+

• hefty hippie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2011 14:13 #67420 by hefty hippie
Replied by hefty hippie on topic Re: Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+
Geoff,

Yep, looking good here too.

So far, connection has 100% solid with not a hint of session or sync loss.

My speeds are still down, way under what I got with the SpeedTouch, but I guess that could be down to a knackered line profile.

Anyway, with a bit of luck things will sort 'emselves out soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2011 09:25 #67432 by geaves
Replied by geaves on topic Re: Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+
Well this has become interesting.....G.DMT is up for about 4-6 hours b4 it re syncs and I am not sure if its just renegotiating with the exchange or there are other issues surrounding the G.DMT setting on the 2800.

On the other hand the ADSL2+ appears to be the most stable, albeit a slower connection rate, looks as if its going to be a trade off, stability for speed....my only other option is a new Vigor which would be a pity as the 2800 is still working.

Geoff

• hefty hippie
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2011 09:18 #67442 by hefty hippie
Geoff,

Yep, I reckon I can confirm what you say.

ADSL2+ seems to be very stable but speeds are well down.

• hefty hippie
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2011 21:14 #67513 by hefty hippie
Geoff,

Have your speeds improved?

My speeds are now quite a bit higher than they were before and still increasing.

I contacted my ISP and had them initiate a re-train on my line - speeds increased almost immediately.

I can only imagine that previous instability had totally hosed my line profile and it had 'stuck' at a level that was way under optimal.

Worth a shot?

More
20 Jun 2011 11:02 #68321 by geaves
Replied by geaves on topic Re: Vigor 2800 & ADSL2+
Been a while since I posted anything, BT were somewhat reluctant to do a reset as my profile was already stable, so I've had to give up and go back to my 2700HGV.

The Vigor continued to disconnect, and the line errors were obviously the cause, my line modulation is set to AUTO, the 2700 sees it as fast and a Home Hub defaults to interleaved, the Vigor doesnt appear to display that information.

From that link I posted there is an option to disable something in the WAN detection, but that appears to be for O2/Be.....anyway unless there is a solution to stop the disconnects/renegotiation that I've got to stick with the 2700.

Geoff

Moderators: Sami