DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Static IP block

More
07 Jun 2011 12:18 #68104 by know-dice
Replied by know-dice on topic Re: Static IP block
Also, forgot to say that you will have to add a static route in-order to access your public address devices from your LAN devices.

The Destination address would be xx.xx.215.152 255.255.255.248 Gateway IP address is LAN address of your router.

I'm half temped to go for a Vigor 2750 which will replace the BT modem as well :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2011 12:22 #68105 by timsmith
Replied by timsmith on topic Re: Static IP block
Thanks,

The routing was the next thing to sort out.

I did look at the 2750 and found a link to where the settings were provided, but Im not that fussed about using the BT modem (although the first one I had failed). I dont recall whether it has an ADSL modem as well, but certainly with this router, Ive got the fallback should I switch back to ADSL rather than FTTC.

Tim

More
08 Jun 2011 09:06 #68131 by timsmith
Know-dice,

Have you got a DMZ configured on your network? Im still playing with all NAT devices, but an Asterisk server that Id put in the DMZ is having major problems.

When I swtich back to my old router, it works fine!

Tim

• micha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Sep 2011 08:51 #69260 by micha
Replied by micha on topic Re: Static IP block
Hi guys,

Just ordered PlusNet FTTC (should get installed tomorrow morning) and a Vigor 2750Vn to replace my trusty 2800Vg (had a brief look at the PlusNet-supplied Netgear and it is sorely lacking in features).

Discovered that the 2750 series appears to be missing the capability to deal with a public IPv4 block (I have 8 public IPv4's). On the 2800 I configured it to 1:1 NAT the additional IPv4's to various machines on my LAN and it's working a treat. Doing a bit of an internet search I've so far failed to find any information as to whether or not this will be possible with the 2750.

The web interface certainly doesn't expose the settings so does anybody know how to configure this, if it's possible?
@timsmith - you indicated you found a link about this - could you please post it?

Thanks,
- Micha.

More
08 Sep 2011 12:40 #69266 by timsmith
Micha

This is what I found

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_2ndsubnet.html (was in the post from nealuk)

From memory, it didn't work straight off and I had to change some settings. Let me know if the link helps.

Tim

More
08 Sep 2011 12:52 #69267 by mwerle
Replied by mwerle on topic Re: Static IP block
Hi Tim,

Thanks, but that link is useless as it doesn't reflect the interface on my 2750Vn at all. Those steps worked fine on the 2800Vg, but the 2750Vn doesn't have those screens or telnet commands. In fact, the telnet interface on the 2750Vn is just a busybox root shell, and no longer the router configuration app.

I'll post some screenshots when I get home.

Cheers,
- Micha.

(PS, yes, I know this is a different forum account - forgot I had it when I registered the new one this morning..)

Moderators: Sami