DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Xbox works.........what a shame !

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2011 11:32 #68865 by radiohead
Xbox works.........what a shame ! was created by radiohead
Most of the posts on the Drayek forum are questions about how to make things work. My question is unique to this forum......HOW DO YOU STOP SOMETHING WORKING !!!!!!!! Like a lot of parents I made the cardinal sin of buying my son an Xbox for Christmas 2009. I had hoped that the scheduling in the Vigor 2820 would allow some limited online gaming for the Xbox..... but I was wrong. The scheduling just doesn't work. Once the Xbox has established a connection it just keeps working well beyond the schedule time limit. After spending hours trying to find a way to make the scheduling work, I gave up & smashed the Xbox with a lump hammer. Unlike the scheduling of the Draytek this DID stop it from connecting to the internet. It's a shame I had to take such drastic measures even though it gave me enormous pleasure to see the wretched device broken into a million tiny pieces. Perhaps there are forum members who have had more success than I with the 2820 & If so, maybe they could enlighten other parents on how to make the scheduling work. It's too late for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2011 14:31 #68874 by radiohead
Replied by radiohead on topic Re: Xbox works.........what a shame !
Bump

More
04 Aug 2011 15:01 #68876 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: Xbox works.........what a shame !
If you're expecting responses quicker than that then you've come to the wrong place!

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2011 15:14 #68877 by radiohead
I take that as a "I don't know the answer, so I'll make a meaningless comment". Thanks Neal

More
04 Aug 2011 15:40 #68881 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: Xbox works.........what a shame !
I do have a few ideas, but I'm too busy wasting my time reading your same question in other categories, also bumped, on the forum ;)

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2011 17:05 #68882 by radiohead
Well, be that as it may but I think you'll find that there are a significant number of posts from other members relating to the same question. The trouble is Neal, nobody bothers to reply so I thought, on behalf of ALL those seeking an answer, I'd keep my question near the top of the list. Sorry if you've taken offence & checking your number of past posts maybe you do have an idea if the problem is fixable.......or maybe you don't, like so many other "experts"

Moderators: Sami