DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Xbox works.........what a shame !

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2011 09:44 #68902 by radiohead
Replied by radiohead on topic Re: Xbox works.........what a shame !
Hi Nobody, that's something that's worth trying. If that works then it would be the only rule that I would need to schedule the kids access to the internet. Thanks for the advive.

Kind regards
R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2011 09:47 #68903 by radiohead
Sorry about this, but I feel duty bound to respond to an earlier post. May I thank cocospam for his sanctimonious (Def :- Making a show of being morally superior to other people) reply. Whist I accept that I posed a question on this forum seeking some technical advice on the scheduling function of a Draytek router, I wasn't expecting a moral lecture in parenthood from cocospm & his wife. Having read the forum rules may I remind cocospm that offensive & abusive language will not be tolerated in postings on this forum. The forum rules also remind members to stick to the subject of the post & not to wander off topic. Here is a quote from cocospm's post "seeking to gain control of your children's behaviour through technological means. I and my wife talk to our children, and instill a degree of responsibilty in them for their own behaviour". My reponse to this quote is simply this :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn4AbSicZ7U&feature=related . Perhaps cocospm should learn the virtues of irony & satire and not be so quick to criticise others. In addition there is something to be said for not taking things too literally. The "Xbox & the lump hammer" tale may have merely been a vehicle to grab the attention of members of this forum, adding a degree of humour to an otherwise mundane posting, but I don't doubt that the idea of smashing such a games console hasn't, at some stage, crossed the minds of other parents (obviously not you or your wife). As I said earlier there is a danger of taking things too literally. For instance, I don't believe for one minute that cocospm is your real name whereas Radiohead is obviously mine.
The moral of the story. If you make a post on this forum don't use any satire, irony or anything verging on the surreal in the body of your post because you are likely to get a moral lecture from cocospm (in my case a lecture on parenthood). Cheers mate, it's been a blast !

More
05 Aug 2011 10:06 #68905 by cocospm
Replied by cocospm on topic Re: Xbox works.........what a shame !
OK 'Radio'head. I'm glad to see you are maintaing character. Actually, my post directly addressed your real problem, not your professed one. Also, there was nothing abusive or offensive about any of the manguage I used, unlike that used by you. I obviously hit a raw nerve with you. Que sera. Have fun.

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2011 10:31 #68908 by radiohead
cocospm, I graciously accept your apology. Thanks

More
05 Aug 2011 11:41 #68911 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Re: Xbox works.........what a shame !
I never tested, if this will work.
It is possible, that the router will read the 0 connections limit as no limit.

You could however also try 1 as the limit. This will most likely have the same effect, because 1 connection is nothing.
If you add the firewall rule, and the xbox gives up for a short time, the firewall will then block all traffic.

• radiohead
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2011 12:35 #68912 by radiohead
Hi Nobody, thinking about it I'm not sure if you can set the sessions limit to zero. I think the lowest setting is 1. I'll give it a try later & let you know if it works.

Kind regards
R

Moderators: Sami