DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

120 modem has become unreliable - any ideas?

• williamw
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2011 23:32 #69386 by williamw
Neal
Thanks for your comments. I absolutely hate it when everything is working as you expect (and works for months, pretty well flawlessly) and then it starts giving trouble like this. Installing fresh firmware may seem a good idea, but why did it go wrong in the first place?
In reply to your comments, suggestions etc
1. The 120 seems to have been happy for 3.5 hours now (since its last reconnection) so I will leave it overnight and see what happens.
2. Should I have bought a 120 and not a 120 v2? What is the difference between a v1 and a v2?
3. Although it's true the 120 is connected to Zen at the moment, the trouble first surfaced when it was connect to Opal. I only want to swap back to putting Opal on WAN2 when I am confident it works, since otherwise we risk losing incoming calls on our VOIP trunk.
4. Re your link about arp accept, the WAN2 setting on my 2820 has "ARP detect" selected for WAN selection detection. is that what you are referring to?
5. Is having a blank in the Service Name something I check on the 120? I can't recall seeing a service name there when I hooked up to the 120 this afternoon.

William

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• williamw
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2011 23:42 #69387 by williamw

nealuk wrote:
The Vigor 120 V2 is a completely different piece of hardware with different (non-interchangeable) firmwares.
3.2.4.4 is the current latest firmware for the Vigor 120 ( = Vigor 120 V1 ).

I'm a bit confused by this - my "v2" definitely showed it had version 3.2.4.4 for its firmware. Did they both have the same firmware version ?

More
15 Sep 2011 09:24 #69391 by nealuk
Confusingly, yes, there has been a version 3.2.4.4 firmware for both the Vigor 120 ( ie. the V1 ) and also for the Vigor 120 V2.

So, yes, it will be correct that your Vigor V2 had firmware version 3.2.4.4 when you checked.

Moderators: Sami