DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

loss of dsl connection

More
12 Apr 2012 13:14 #71859 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: loss of dsl connection
Hello Tom,

tombeetham wrote: ...The modems DSL light flashes when disconnection occurs,will this be enough to show the BT engineer...

This shows that synchronising is occuring, and in this case it's re-synchronising - so I think that should be good enough to prove that the incoming calls are causing DSL disconnections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tombeetham
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2012 15:32 #71862 by tombeetham
Replied by tombeetham on topic Re: loss of dsl connection
Hi Neal,
Managed to find corded phone.Performed task as you suggested(Attached laptop & modem to test skt.)Brought up vigors status
page .performed ring back & readings on status page all dropped to zero as expected.Ordered another master socket & when I change that
I'll keep you informed although it will probably be early next week
thanks

More
12 Apr 2012 16:17 #71863 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: loss of dsl connection
The latest (and best) design of Master Socket is pictured here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-openreach-NTE5-phone-socket-/170809393522?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27c5088172
It has the openreach logo in black/grey paint. Line in is on A B krones.

Earlier versions include white embossed openreach logo with A B krones (although these were quite limited and only ran for a few months, as the embossed white logo didn't differentiate from the previous design)
The version before was white embossed openreach logo with A & B screw terminals. And then you're back to earlier versions with 4 connections on the removable faceplate to the extensions, and the old "Pied Piper" BT logo etc.

Fingers crossed the replacement faceplace improves matters! I replaced mine at home when threatend with BT's call out charges, and hey presto it solved problems for me. Regards, Neal

Moderators: Sami