DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Enabling Firewall Rules using Telnet

More
07 Aug 2012 18:29 #73172 by sparky-steve
Replied by sparky-steve on topic Re: Enabling Firewall Rules using Telnet
I could not agree more; This unit is marketed as a business product (in the UK, at least) and yet it lacks any professional functional support. I guess, to be fair, the majority of users are plug and play, and are very happy with what is, overall, a great product.

I have been using draytek for ~12+ years (my first product was an ISDN modem - maybe a 128?) and I'm afraid it's always been the same - anything out of the ordinary and you have to wait an age.

Of course, I'm still using them 12+ years later, so that must say something.....

Rambling over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dcrobinson1965
  • Topic Author
More
08 Aug 2012 07:52 #73175 by dcrobinson1965
Replied by dcrobinson1965 on topic Re: Enabling Firewall Rules using Telnet
Indeed. DrayTek seem to uneasily occupy a thinly populated middle ground. A couple of years ago I had to administer a Juniper NetScreen 5GT router as part of my job. Admittedly probably twice the price, but the documentation of the GUI stretched to about 1500 pages IIRC. I've just had a quick look at their command line interface guide, and that's over 700 pages long... just for the IPv4 version. There's another one for IPv6!!!

It's a shame to advertise these features, but then to not provide adequate documentation (or testing, or support, I suspect).

Having also ranted/rambled, I have to admit to being on my fourth DrayTek router now, and having been very happy with them in general.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami