Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 and Be New Network

• john_32
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2012 14:09 #74010 by john_32
Vigor 120 and Be New Network was created by john_32
Hello all

Our Vigor 120 has happily been working on our fall back ADSL service in Bridged Mode will multiple IP's. Today I am trying to reconfigure the setup as Be have upgraded their network - and all is not well.

Reading through the new settings it appeared easy enough so off I went, I connected a pc to the 120 and manually set the IP to 192.168.2.222 and logged in to the web interface at 192.168.2.1, I proceeded to change the VCI to 102, as detailed here https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/multi-static-update-instructions#q3.

I then changed the IP on the laptop to DHCP and bang I was connected and could browse no problem, the only issue was the IP address was not in my static range.

And this is where I have stopped, whatever I configure the IP address/subnet/gateway to be I cannot get it to work, I have tried with a laptop and with our Firewall (Watchguard XTM). Clearly I am missing something, I am guessing it is connected with BE's network now issuing us a /29 subnet and an address for the router.

But I am out of knowledge and ideas, Be's support ended very quickly with ‘unsupported configuration’.
Can anyone help and point me in the right direction?
Thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2012 05:36 #74235 by cityblue
Replied by cityblue on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network
Does anyone know if the Vigor 120 modem works with the new O2/Be network and these VCI 0/102 static IP settings?

I used to run a Vigor 120 bridged into a WRT610n until the WRT610n died on the very same day my static IP switched to the new O2 (Be) network, but I couldn't get the Vigor 120 to work with a WRT54G router so I had to dig out the old O2 Wireless III router, only to discover that also didn't work with the new network!

O2 shipped me a new Wireless IV box which I received the next day, but I'd like to go back to the Vigor 120/WRT610n combination (I've had to order a replacement power supply from the USA - incredible you can't get these from Linksys/CISCO) but I'm concerned about this inability to get the Vigor 120 modem working with this new network- shouldn't it just work?

Or does the Vigor 120 need a firmware update to work with the new network settings?

More
17 Nov 2012 09:42 #74237 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network
Don't know if this helps or if O2 has done some changes I don't know about but the VCI should be 101, not 102, with a VPI of 0

More
30 Jan 2013 23:17 #75039 by louisjwallan
Replied by louisjwallan on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network
Have you lokked at "Mikey's Guide" ( http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html )

• john_32
  • Topic Author
More
01 Feb 2013 08:29 #75055 by john_32
Replied by john_32 on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network
The guide works perfect for Be's old network, but they are rolling out a new version which required updated settings.

More
07 Feb 2013 12:36 #75102 by jmann
Replied by jmann on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network
I may be mistaken, but I think one of the consequences of O2/Be's change to the converged core is that static allocations will change as well.

Moderators: Sami