DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 and Be New Network

• fat freddies cat
More
08 Feb 2013 10:41 #75118 by fat freddies cat
Replied by fat freddies cat on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network
Hi

Not too sure if this will help (single IP here, not in bridged mode) but on my Draytek 2830 I had a WAN connectivity issue on swapping to Be's new config. Basically, you do not assign your WAN IP(s). On my modem, under "WAN IP Network Settings" use "Obtain an IP address automatically". FWIW, this went completely against my principles but fixed my lack of connectivity problem. And I can confirm that my static IP has been static for the past couple of months.

HTH

FFC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 17:38 #75405 by bluedoor49
Replied by bluedoor49 on topic Re: Vigor 120 and Be New Network

john_32 wrote: The guide works perfect for Be's old network, but they are rolling out a new version which required updated settings.

Mikey's Guide was the reason I had the confidence to get rid of the flaky O2-supplied 'Wireless box5' and go over to a Vigor 120 with Airport Extreme/Express. It's worked superbly, until last weekend. Since O2 changed our exchange to the converged core, I have to power off/on the router every morning. Most of the discussion on this board is way too technical for me - can anyone kindly list the new settings, Mikey-style?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami