DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2850vn VDSL Upload Speeds Bad

More
06 Nov 2012 09:14 #74071 by scottee
Replied by scottee on topic Re: Vigor2850vn VDSL Upload Speeds Bad
i second this call to help, i've heard nothing so far from draytek on the same upload speed issue, its not BT my connection direct through the open reach modem
is fine, 16Mbs up. The other side of the router and its more like 5Mbs up. At the moment i wish i had never bought the router ,and the so called
help seems non-existant form their tech support,even after i emailed their "technician directly" and still nothing . For a supposed "top of the range " modem,
i'd never deal with the company again and will be providing feedback to the trade magazines over what is a significant "mass" issue.

If they came clean and said there was a problem, we will fix it in a couple of weeks, i would be impressed, but as usual with this type of company , nothing is
admitted and there is no real interest in looking after the customer. After reading all the forum posts on othe major issues like load balancing you just
have to wonder if the company is run by people who really want to help their customer base.

I am sorry Draytek but this is my experience of you for a £200 router. NOT IMPRESSED ONE DISSATISFIED PAYING CUSTOMER !!!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
ok finally got the help - maybe having a rant helped :D . I reflashed with the very latest version which was not on the website and finally getting
the upload speed i am looking for. Thank Drayek. i'll watch the speed for the next few days and hopefully it will be stable. My faith is restored.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 01:07 #74086 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2850vn VDSL Upload Speeds Bad
nice seems like a new firmware will be out soon

• e.s
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2012 05:04 #74087 by e.s
Replied by e.s on topic Re: Vigor2850vn VDSL Upload Speeds Bad
Do you have a copy of that firmware Scottee ? I would love a copy if you still have it ?

EDIT nvm scottee, it seems yours is for the 2920 not the 2850, that leaves me still stuck with low upload speeds, meh.

More
07 Nov 2012 16:32 #74096 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2850vn VDSL Upload Speeds Bad
@ e.s
the support did not supply you any latest new beta?
also the settings i mentioned up with vdsl set up, did not get a small improvement?
the 3.6.3 rc1 at ftp draytek pl seems less trouble with the vdsl flashing light that causing some kind of noise in my line
i m rebooting the 2850 often due to change of dns servers and will not flash much like the 3.6.2 firmware
have you tried? i have it since September (but not using the vdsl to know if the upload speed is lower)

Have you also tried telnet to free up band-witch?it will not slove the problem but may be little better

adsl txpct 100
adsl rxpct 100
adsl reboot

@scottee
Is an 2850 thread problem :wink: but i would not mind have that beta because i have the 2920 model as well
thanks

• e.s
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2012 01:55 #74116 by e.s
Yes support got back to me and gave me rc2 firmware, have yet to flash as i have had an extremely busy day, but I will do so soon.

• e.s
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2012 04:37 #74117 by e.s
Ok, I flashed and to be honest, it didnt do jack, I actually think it may of even made the download speeds a tiny bit slower also.

that was with 3.6.3rc2

Moderators: Sami