Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820n WAN2 setup

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2012 14:41 #74019 by craigside
Vigor 2820n WAN2 setup was created by craigside
Hi

I have a 2820n and suffer a miserable 500Kb ADSL download speed! I have just bought a 3G router which is giving me around 4Mb download speed on "3 PAYG" and I need to connect this as WAN2 so I can use load balancing etc..

So my 2830 is set as 192.168.1.2, the 3G router is 192.168.1.1. WAN1 is on ADSL and I have enabled WAN2 and I have tried various settings but I cannot get the WAN2 router to appear in the 2820 'online status'.

My 2820 has DHCP turned off, 3G router has DHCP turned on.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2012 18:18 #74020 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Vigor 2820n WAN2 setup
Your DHCP should be the other way round...

is the 3G modem PPoE capable?

More
04 Nov 2012 18:23 #74021 by ghostworks
another thought is have you tried other modem codes on the 2820n...

Draytek FTP site as several firmware versions with different modem codes that may improve your adsl speed on WAN1, contact Draytek support and tell them your current ADSL line speed, SNR, Loop ATT, and distance from exchange and they may point you to the right modem code to try or just try every one and see if you get a higher speed and reliability

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2012 19:47 #74022 by craigside
Replied by craigside on topic Re: Vigor 2820n WAN2 setup
Hi thanks for suggestions. I have read today on the Draytek site that changing moddm code can help with low ADSl speed, Do you know how I change the modem code in the 2820?

Thanks

More
04 Nov 2012 19:54 #74023 by ghostworks
Firmware modem Codes are built into the firmware , just downloads the different version of firmwares from the FTP international site and try one by one

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2012 22:16 #74024 by craigside
Replied by craigside on topic Re: Vigor 2820n WAN2 setup
Thanks. I will see if I can tweak up the ADSL speed a little, but my aim is to have the 3G WiBE router as a second WAN.

The 3G WiBE firmware is limited in allowing changes, it uses Dnsmasq which I can't see how to turn off. I am not using the DHCP, my clients/devices are all set with static IP's. I don't know if the 3G WiBE has PPoE, the console isn't very user friendly and there is no manual available. But I got the unit because it performs very well in a poor reception area and can give me a useable download speed.

Moderators: Sami