DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help: Cannot get IPv6 working with a 2850

• jm_paulin
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2012 22:48 #74590 by jm_paulin
Replied by jm_paulin on topic Re: Help: Cannot get IPv6 working with a 2850
Spent the last 2 weeks with support trying to get it work on WAN1. We ended up trying with WAN2 connected to the openreach modem, to rules issue with the built-in draytek modem code, and it worked. Support has the details.

Maybe important to add I am using VDSL.

JM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2012 03:02 #74591 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Help: Cannot get IPv6 working with a 2850
Now i am not making you to loose your current set up/settings if you give a go in future but here what happened to my case with adsl and a user with vdsl in this forum had same issue
All 3.6.3 firmwares codes i tried, when turn off ipv6 (my isp not supporting it at the moment so was on for nothing) at internet access was giving me error so the specific page will not work/appears
I tried this beta from polish side ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2850/Firmware/beta/ and now i can turn off ipv6 and the wan>internet access details page will appear OK again
There are no release notes what is the fix but it may be a fix with ipv6 so maybe in the future you can give a try to wan 1 ....now you should have the correct settings from the support so i guess it will not take you long to find out if works
But again please don't blame me ... i only mentioned because i see ipv6 and internet access was a fix so may be related/hope

As for me i gave a go to ipv6 at tcsp mode as showing the pdf (if the isp dont provide ipv6) but is asking for code and tunnel number so i gave up and turn it back off

More
02 Jan 2013 12:21 #74660 by rigel72
Replied by rigel72 on topic Re: Help: Cannot get IPv6 working with a 2850
Hi,

Anyone managed with 3.6.3 to make the IPv6 work. I have the same problem, my provider support IPv6and worked with 3.6.2 without any problem, but now i cant.

Thanks

• jm_paulin
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2013 18:38 #74700 by jm_paulin
Replied by jm_paulin on topic Re: Help: Cannot get IPv6 working with a 2850
interesting,

I never managed to get IPv6 working ever, even with 3.6.2. Hence the upgrade to 3.6.3 in case it helped.

Note that I had stability issues on WAN2, so ended up reverting to using WAN1, without IPv6...

Moderators: Sami