DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

v2830 re-booting every 15 minutes with 3.6.3 f/w

More
14 May 2013 17:44 #76189 by babis3g
ok sorry for misunderstanding ... i also was not aware you have tried other firmwares... the one you can do is to send at support a syslog with the reboots IF they are going to fix it (if you have done and this already then sorry again)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2013 13:59 #76201 by tigerruss
Quick Update.
Today I defaulted my 2830n to factory defaults and loaded latest 3.6.4 firmware.
I then just setup ADSL WAN1 connection, nothing else and tested for 1hr - ALL OK
Thought good so modified various other NAT, Port Redirection, Firewall and QOS services and immediately starting rebooting again.
Backed out everything back to ADSL only and was OK.
Therefore deduced it was on of the other settings so added back one at a time. When I added NAT Port forwarding of port 80 and 5000 TCP it causes reboots. However when removed and afetr enabling QOS settings it also rebooted so it doesnt seem to be one particular thing or setting but a combination of volume.

Have finally given up and have reverted back to 3.3.7.1 with all settings re-enabled and all works OK.

More
15 May 2013 14:14 #76203 by babis3g
Thanks for the update :) ... Not sure if the support team are logging in often here to see the posts but i would say to email them and let them know about it ... if is a bug to know it for future fix

More
27 Mar 2014 08:18 #79473 by p800aul

tigerruss wrote: Quick Update.
Today I defaulted my 2830n to factory defaults and loaded latest 3.6.4 firmware.
I then just setup ADSL WAN1 connection, nothing else and tested for 1hr - ALL OK
Thought good so modified various other NAT, Port Redirection, Firewall and QOS services and immediately starting rebooting again.
Backed out everything back to ADSL only and was OK.
Therefore deduced it was on of the other settings so added back one at a time. When I added NAT Port forwarding of port 80 and 5000 TCP it causes reboots. However when removed and afetr enabling QOS settings it also rebooted so it doesnt seem to be one particular thing or setting but a combination of volume.

Have finally given up and have reverted back to 3.3.7.1 with all settings re-enabled and all works OK.

Hi

Is this still working with 3.3.7.1 I'm on the verge of moving to another brand for this (i.e. something that works) I've tried 3.3.7.1 but it wont load my backedup config. so I figure if I'm going to enter my config in all over again I thought I'd ask before fixing it with a new one :-)

Thanks

More
27 Mar 2014 15:07 #79480 by babis3g
using other config of previous firmware is not really recommended due to conflicts of the new settings/upgrades
did you manage to work it with 3.3.7.1 if you just do the basic settings just for testing?

Moderators: Sami