DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate

• rorton
  • Topic Author
More
06 Aug 2013 19:51 #77261 by rorton
SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate was created by rorton
So, i had a 2820, Draytek said that their Beta firmware that did MER was only a beta and no longer available, so suggested a 2830 or 2850.

I bought a 2830, connected the WAN interface to my Openreach modem, and entered the User/pass from the sky router.

No luck

Wiresharking the Sky router, the sky does its DHCP option 61 request with the username and password in 28 packets, but doing the same on the Draytek, its option 61 is exactly double the Sky one.

I can see people with 2850's and 2860 struggling too.

Anyone have a draytek at all hooked up to sky fibre without the sky modem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2013 23:10 #77267 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
You need to get hold of a beta firmware from Draytek, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release but from my checking, 3.6.4 presents the DHCP option 61 completely wrong - converting all the values to hex rather than just ASCII. I can't find a good beta firmware for you to try though - I'm currently using a beta but it's a weird one that required factory defaulting my router to install :/
Also I dunno whether you'd need single band or dual band firmware, but the draytek support people should be able to help

• rorton
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2013 09:43 #77275 by rorton
Replied by rorton on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
thanks voodle, at least i know I'm not going mad! email into draytek, lets see what happens.

hope they don't make me default the router, will take ages to set back up again. once defaulted, were you able to restore your old config file back to the router?

• rorton
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2013 15:38 #77281 by rorton
OK, so email from Draytek, said that 3.6.4 SHOULD work. They have a beta which is focused on something to do with DNS, but sent it anyways.

Ive installed it, and i still cant connect

Good news is that the Draytek is now doing the option 61 correctly, and displaying the username and password.

There seems to be a lot more info being given by the draytek though, one of which is a vendor class ID, which is set as Vigor2830n, where as the sky router sens the same of the SR101.

Just to confirm, it should be as simple as:

Wan 2 interface, Static/Dynamic IP enabled (PPOE etc off) Obtain IP automatically, but dont populate the router name or domain name field
DHCP Client Identifier for some ISP ticked, and user name and separate password entered here. Default Mac (ive tried this and putting the mac of the sky router in)
Wan detection mode set to ARP detect.

Any ideas?

More
07 Aug 2013 18:44 #77285 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
It should be that simple yes, that's what everything I've been able to find online about it says as well. Maybe it is the class ID that's messing it up now.

• rorton
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2013 18:54 #77287 by rorton
Certainly strange

What are you up and running with and which ISP?

Moderators: Sami