DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate

More
07 Aug 2013 20:45 #77290 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
if the 2830 can do sky mer try some suggestion which worked with 2820
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18335&p=76249&hilit=2820+sky#p76245
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18335&p=76249&hilit=2820+sky#p76248

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2013 22:01 #77312 by simonmpoulton
Replied by simonmpoulton on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
Looks like draytek is at it again with DHCP option 60. There is absolutely no reason for the router to be sending Option 60 at all unless they are providing an option to configure the string it sends.
I'm having the same issue with my 2860 - which I will be returning if Draytek fail to address this problem.

It's clear that some areas of sky's network this is ok however in many areas sending option 60 with a string other than what is sent by a sky SR101 hub or Sagem F@st 2504N hub will be rejected and no IP will be sent.

I suggest everyone who is having this problem point out the option 60 issue to Draytek support as this seems to be a recurring theme with these routers. Clearly someone in the firmware department thinks Option 60 is a good idea.

• rorton
  • Topic Author
More
08 Aug 2013 22:07 #77313 by rorton
Replied by rorton on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
Simon, draytek seem to think it works on the 2850/2860 - this is a reply to an email i sent today to them:

We have reports for connections on both the 2850 and 2860 routers. The options for connecting are as you described, no VLAN Tag under General Setup, enable the Static or Dynamic IP profile for WAN2 and fill in the username/password details under the DHCP Client Identifier for some ISP. Set it to Obtain an IP address automatically and restart the router. If you still can not connect though, capture the wireshark trace from the Draytek and the Sky routers and send them back along with a backup configuration of your router so that I forward the details to our engineers for further testing.

I have mentioned the option 60 to them, lets see if they drop it as part of another beta so we can retest.

More
08 Aug 2013 23:25 #77314 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
hey simonpoulton, I was checking my weird 2830 beta firmware and there's some good news for you :D

an intelligent implementation of WAN DHCP options! yay!

More
08 Aug 2013 23:42 #77316 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
ooh, more good news! I was playing around with a 2860 (which has 3.7.3 RC7 firmware) which does NOT have that in the web interface but it does have THIS hiding away in the telnet interface!:

Almost makes me wish I was using Sky (I'm actually on a terrible plusnet ADSL connection but I find this stuff really interesting :D )

• rorton
  • Topic Author
More
09 Aug 2013 08:51 #77318 by rorton
Replied by rorton on topic Re: SKY Fibre - 2830 - wont authenticate
hey voodle,

those options you have on your 2830 firmware seem to be exactly what i need.

Whats the version you are running? I'll ask draytek for that one, as the one they sent me doesnt have any of those settings :(

Moderators: Sami