DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No sign in required for FAQs

• reetp
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2014 14:49 #79042 by reetp
No sign in required for FAQs was created by reetp
That's all I wish for. No sign in required for FAQs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2014 17:10 #79047 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: No sign in required for FAQs
I am not trying defend Draytek, because some times i am looking the guides to offer some help in here as well at my free time ... but to me seems they have moved the old F&A below instead a cached copy ... but the guides are not updated like with their new web F&A
http://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/router_faq.html
Maybe soon will go down as welll .. i don't know ... but it is strange to access some infos we need to register
You can also take a look at main draytek.com F&A ... still free and they have much more troubleshooting i believe

• reetp
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2014 14:38 #80546 by reetp
Replied by reetp on topic Re: No sign in required for FAQs

babis3g wrote: I am not trying defend Draytek, because some times i am looking the guides to offer some help in here as well at my free time ... but to me seems they have moved the old F&A below instead a cached copy ... but the guides are not updated like with their new web F&A
Maybe soon will go down as welll .. i don't know ... but it is strange to access some infos we need to register

They've been removing the cached copies I believe

You can also take a look at main draytek.com F&A ... still free and they have much more troubleshooting i believe

Not any more - you have to login there too.

Disgraceful.

More
05 Jul 2014 15:56 #80548 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: No sign in required for FAQs
the follow link still working at the moment with out log in
is just not updated

More
05 Jul 2014 16:45 #80550 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: No sign in required for FAQs
Why don't you just register? Do you understand why they provide the service only to eligible customers ?
There's an explanation on the signup page.

( n.b. your original message has been redacted but not removed as it would normally
as I'm happy to have the discussion raised, but not the language or insults used).

Forum Administrator

• reetp
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2014 01:04 #80556 by reetp
Replied by reetp on topic Re: No sign in required for FAQs
No, I fail to see a single earthly reason to register.

There is nothing in the Sales of Goods Act covering my purchase contract with Draytek that says I have to register anywhere for anything.

There is plenty to say that Draytek have to support the goods they sell properly. Which means if there is problem you have to fix it, and I don't have to register for the fix.

The long list of 'reasons'.... er excuses (which is all they are) are completely unjustifiable IMHO.

Yes, you may be trying to prevent 3rd parties who may illegally offer your firmware or documentation on their sites. That is not my problem, it is yours, and you should pursue them accordingly, not penalise your customers who have done nothing wrong.

The only 'benefits' are to Draytek hoping they can try and track users more accurately, send them more junk, and try to sell them more stuff.

Remember the old adage. It takes a hundred happy clients to get a good reputation, but only one to get a bad one.

Unfortunately Draytek seems to have been taken over by the bean counters, and censors, and are no longer interested in happy clients, just shifting boxes.

The majority of suppliers do not do this. Why Draytek has to is beyond me, and another reason why I will be swapping out my Draytek kit as soon as I can.

B. Rgds
John

Moderators: Sami